The KOCH Sound Absorption Panel System is a durable sound-absorptive flat surface modular panel placed on existing walls to reduce reverberation and lower sound reflection to control noise. The system is installed in a vertical configuration to create highly effective, architecturally compatible noise reduction solutions.
Our unique roll-forming coil processes enable fabrication of panels up to 22 feet, saving installation time and costs. Interlocking panels result in greater wall coverage and less installation time.
Construction materials consist of corrosion-resistant perforated galvannealed steel and non-adsorbent, non-combustible mineral wool suitable for outdoor exposure. Our baked-on high scuff and abrasion, corrosion and chemical resistant powder coat paint finish is resistant to fading, cracking, peeling and marring. Optional construction materials consist of aluminum and stainless steel with or without powder coat finish.
Through decades of experience and product development, the KOCH Sound Absorption Panel System often exceeds customer expectations in most selection criteria including sound attenuation, appearance, cleanability, abuse resistance, stability, cost, and ease of installation.
USES & APPLICATIONS
- Power generation
- HVAC equipment
- Automobile wash systems
- Engine generators
- Waste water treatment plants
- Manufacturing and industrial facilities
- Test facilities
- Salvage yards
- Transportation: highway, airport, rail, subway
- Loading docks
- Correctional facilities
- Auditoriums, exhibition halls and stadiums
- Theatres and churches
- Music practice and band rooms
- Features tongue and groove interlocking modular panels
- Architecturally compatible
ACOUSTIC FILL IS FIRE-RATED NONCOMBUSTIBLE
- Our sound absorption panels feature Thermafiber® industrial felt fiber board acoustical fill that is Fire-Rated Noncombustible, as defined by NFPA Standard 220 when tested in accordance with ASTM E136. Surface Burning Characteristics: flame spread 15; smoke developed 0, per ASTM E84.
SUPERIOR FINISH & CORROSION RESISTANCE
- Standard material is 22 gauge hot dipped galvanealed steel
- High-scuff, abrasion- and weather-resistant baked-on polyester powder coat finish is available in any color
- Powder coat finish is protected during shipment and installation with PVC wrap
- Optional .040” aluminum
- Optional stainless steel
- Panels are self-draining
- Acoustical fill is non-absorbent and corrosion-resistant Thermafiber® which adsorbs less than 1% moisture and will not corrode steel or aluminum as tested per HH-1-558B
QUICK, LOW-COST INSTALLATION
- Features fewer components due to tongue-and-groove Interlocking seams which eliminates vertical trim
- Large, 33″ x up to 22”-0″ long panels are produced as a result of unique roll-forming processes
- Truckload projects are packaged in lift-sized groups on open-top trucks for easy overhead crane or over-the-side forklift
- Metal Panels can be easily cleaned without degrading acoustical performance
- Heavy abuse resistant galvannealed steel
- Scuff and abrasion resistant powder coat finish
- Acoustic Fill adsorbs less than 1% moisture, is vermin-proof and mold resistant.
- AutoCAD approval prints, submittals and final assembly drawings are furnished with every project
- Provides unmatched engineering technical expertise and project management support
- Sound absorption coefficient values are provided by Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories, the best independent source of valid acoustical data