The Koch Sound Absorption Panel System is a durable sound-absorptive flat surface modular panel placed on existing walls to reduce reverberation and lower sound reflection to control noise. The system is installed in a vertical configuration to create highly effective, architecturally compatible noise reduction solutions.
Koch’s unique roll-forming coil processes enable fabrication of panels up to 22 feet, saving installation time and costs. Interlocking panels result in greater wall coverage and less installation time.
Construction materials consist of corrosion-resistant perforated galvannealed steel and non-adsorbent, non- combustible mineral wool suitable for outdoor exposure. Our baked on high scuff and abrasion, corrosion and chemical resistant powder coat paint finish is resistant to fading, cracking, peeling and marring. Optional construction materials consist of aluminum and stainless steel with or without powder coat finish.
Through decades of experience and product development, the Koch Sound Absorption Panel System often exceeds customer expectations in most selection criteria including sound attenuation, appearance, cleanability, abuse resistance, stability, cost, and ease of installation.
Uses and Applications
- Power Generation
- HVAC Equipment
- Automobile Wash Systems
- Engine Generators
- Waste Water Treatment Plants
- Manufacturing and Industrial Facilities
- Test Facilities
- Salvage Yards
- Transportation: Highway, Airport, Rail, Subway
- Loading Docks
- Correctional Facilities
- Auditoriums, Exhibition Halls and Stadiums
- Theatres and Churches
- Music Practice and Band Rooms
Koch Sound Absorption Panel System Advantages
- Features tongue and groove interlocking modular panels
- Architecturally compatible
Acoustic Fill is Fire-Rated Noncombustible
- Koch Panels feature Thermafiber® industrial felt fiber board acoustical fill that is Fire-Rated Noncombustible, as defined by NFPA Standard 220 when tested in accordance with ASTM E136. Surface Burning Characteristics: flame spread 15; smoke developed 0, per ASTM E84.
Superior Finish and Corrosion Resistance
- Standard material is 22 gauge hot dipped galvanealed steel
- High-scuff, abrasion- and weather-resistant baked on polyester powder coat finish is available in any color
- Powder coat finish is protected during shipment and installation with PVC wrap
- Optional .040”Aluminum
- Optional stainless steel
- Panels are self-draining. Acoustical fill is Nonadsorbent and Corrosion-Resistant Thermafiber® which adsorbs less than 1% moisture, will not corrode steel or aluminum as tested per HH-1-558B
Quick, Lowest-Cost Installation
- Features fewer components due to tongue-and-groove Interlocking seams which eliminates vertical trim
- Large, 33″ x up to 22”-0″ long panels are produced as a result of unique roll-forming processes
- Truckload projects are packaged in lift-sized groups on open-top trucks for easy overhead crane or over-the-side forklift
- Metal Panels can be easily cleaned without degrading acoustical performance
- Heavy abuse resistant galvannealed steel
- Scuff and abrasion resistant powder coat finish
- Acoustic Fill adsorbs less than 1% moisture, is vermin-proof and mold resistant.
- Sound absorption coefficient values are provided by Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories, the best independent source of valid acoustical data
- AutoCAD approval prints, submittals and final assembly drawings are furnished with every project
- Provides unmatched engineering technical expertise and project management support
Panel Face 22-gauge galvannealed steel perforated 3/32” diameter round holes on 3/16” staggered centers Panel Frame 18-gauge galvanized steel Acoustical Core Mineral wool that is noncombustible, inert, mildew resistant, non-settling and features a flame spread of 15 and smoke developed rating of 0, per ASTM Standard E84 Module Width 33″ Panel Joint Interlocking tongue and groove Panel Thickness 2” and 4″ Length 16′-0″ standard maximum when factory powder coat finished
22′-0″ standard maximum when not factory finished
Colors 188 Standard RAL Colors Accessories 18 Gauge Galvannealed Steel Mounting Trim: J Channel, Z Trim, C Trim and L Inside/Outside Corner Flashing. Trim Fasteners, and AutoCAD drawings Options Other gauges of steel, custom widths, custom color matches and finishes, Z bracket stand-off trim, perforated back, and poly-wrap acoustical fill for machining application.
Frequency (Hz) 63 125 250 500 1000 2000 4000 8000 4″ Thick PanelAbsorption Coefficient Nrc
.18 .75 1.02 1.07 .98 .89 .80 .86 2″ Thick PanelAbsorption Coefficient Nrc
.00 .27 .60 1.14 1.06 1.03 1.03 1.06
All Tests by Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories